What is Skyline Luge Kuala Lumpur exactly?
Skyline Luge Kuala Lumpur (also known as Gamuda Luge Gardens) is an exhilarating outdoor adventure activity located in fringe of Kuala Lumpur-Selangor at Rawang along the North-South Expressway. Nestled amidst lush greenery, this attraction offers visitors a unique and thrilling experience, combining the excitement of go-karting with the scenic beauty of the surrounding landscape.
Where is Skyline Luge from?
Skyline Luge is owned and operated by the Skyline Enterprises, a tourism company based in New Zealand. The company was founded by Sir John Davies in 1966 and has since grown to become a significant player in the tourism industry.
Skyline Luge tracks are typically located in scenic areas, and the company has expanded its operations to various destinations worldwide. The concept involves a specialized luge cart that allows riders to control their descent down a purpose-built track, combining elements of go-karting and tobogganing.
Where else is Skyline Luge available worldwide?
According to the official website, Skyline Luge is available in 8 locations as below (in no specific order). Below are prices of 4 Ride Combo across all locations for fun comparison purposes. If you’d like to check out the other prices and promotions, click on the individual links below.
Address: 45 Siloso Beach Walk, Sentosa, Singapore
Price of 4 Ride Combo: S$37 – Flexi ticket
In Malaysian Ringgit: approx RM130
Address: Winsport Canada Olympic Park, 88 Canada Olympic Road SW, Calgary AB, Canada
Price of 4 Rides + 1 Digital Photo: CAD$41 – Flexi ticket
In Malaysian Ringgit: approx RM143
Address: 1000 Chemin Des Voyageurs, Quebec, Canada J8E 1T1
Price of 4 Rides + Digital Photo: CAD$36 – Individual ticket
In Malaysian Ringgit: approx RM126
Address: 부산광역시 기장군 기장읍 시랑리 산60-1
Price of 4 Rides + 1 Popsicle + 1 Bottled Water: ₩33,000
In Malaysian Riggit: approx RM118
Address: 경상남도 통영시 발개로 178, 대한민국
Price of 4 Rides: ₩33,000
In Malaysian Riggit: approx RM118
Address: 53 Brecon Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Price of 5 Rides: Adult NZ$77
In Malaysian Ringgit: approx RM225
Address: 178 Fairy Springs Road, Fairy Springs, Rotorua, 3015 New Zealand
Price of 5 Rides: Adult NZ$84
In Malaysian Ringgit: approx RM246
Address: Taman Tema Luge Gardens, Persiaran Gamuda Gardens Utama, Gamuda Gardens, 48050 Rawang Selangor
Price of 4 Rides: RM66.50 – Online ticket
Where to buy tickets for Skyline Luge Kuala Lumpur?
Purchase the tickets directly from Skyline Luge Kuala Lumpur’s website. At time of writing, the prices are as below:
- 5 Luge Rides + Skyride Combo – RM76.00 (Online Price) RM80.00 (Walk-In Price)
- 4 Luge Rides + Skyride Combo – RM66.50 (Online Price) RM70.00 (Walk-In Price)
- 3 Luge Rides + Skyride Combo – RM57.00 (Online Price) RM60.00 (Walk-In Price)
- 2 Luge Rides + Skyride Combo – RM47.50 (Online Price) RM50.00 (Walk-In Price)
- Child Doubling (for children between 85-110cm/below 6 years old to share a ride with an adult) – RM25.00 (On-site purchase only)
- Skyride Return (just to experience Skyride only) – RM20.00 (On-site purchase only)
When you book online, you can see the time slots available for booking. This is to shorten your waiting time and give everyone a pleasant experience while enjoying Luge. You can also see how many slots are available prior to booking.
What are the opening hours?
Skyline Luge Kuala Lumpur is open daily except for Wednesdays. Below are the open and close hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday – 10:00AM to 6:00PM
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday – 10:00AM to 10:00PM
As per stated in the official website, the last entry is one hour prior to scheduled closing. If you have a ticket with more than 2 rides, do give yourself ample time before the closing hours. Also take note of weather conditions as rain, thunderstorm and lightning may affect the operations of Luge. Follow the instructions of the crew members at all times.
Will Luge be operational during rain / thunder / lightning?
Operations will temporarily stop in the event of heavy rain, thunder and lightning. Operations will proceed as normal if there is a small drizzle. According to the official website, guests who are unable to finish their rides due to park closure can revalidate their tickets for another day, within 1 month from date of visit. Be sure to retain your tickets for revalidation.
Public transport to Skyline Luge?
If you are taking the MRT station, stop at Sungai Buloh MRT and wait for the RapidKL bus number T154. Do note that it is quite a distance from the MRT station, so do give yourself ample time to ride on the bus. Enjoy the bus ride!
What should I wear?
Choose something that is comfortable for an outdoor activity. The luge is similar to a go-kart activity with a twist, so keep that in mind when choosing an attire to wear. Long flowly dresses, mini skirts, clothes with long trails may not be suitable. A closed-toe footwear is advisable.
Is there a code of conduct for Skyline Luge?
Yes there is. As it is an official guide from Skyline Luge, please refer to it here: https://www.skylineluge.my/kuala-lumpur/code-of-conduct/
Is Skyline Luge suitable for kids?
Yes it is, subject to the below an the Code of Conduct (refer to the above link). Below is a verbatim copy from the official Skyline Luge website:
+ Riders on the Luge must be at least 110cm tall to ride the Luge alone.
+ Riders between the height of 85cm and 110cm can ride tandem with an adult.
+ Riders above 135cm can ride the Skyride alone.
+ Riders between 85cm and 135cm would need an adult aged 18+ and 150cm+ to accompany them.
Is there any food and beverage at Skyline Luge?
Within the Skyline Luge, you can find the Luge View Cafe for coffee, milkshakes and ice cream. Outside of the Skyline Luge area, you can find A&W, Jihun Korea BBQ, and Lllaollao. You can get more dining options at Waterfront Village and Gaia Boulevard (read below)
What is Fun Park at Gamuda Gardens?
FunPark is an outdoor amusement park located near the grounds of Gamuda Luge Gardens. This exciting and family-friendly park will be home to six unique attractions, including Malaysia’s tallest Ferris wheel. The park is set to open four attractions by end 2023 and the final two in Q1 2024. Currently available are
- Kiddy Ride – Jellycup Twist – RM8 per ride
- Kiddy Ride – Jumpshot – RM8 per ride
- Kiddy Ride – Fruity Frenzy – RM8 per ride
- Kiddy Ride – Carousel -RM8 per ride
- Big Bucket Splash (relocated from Waterfront Village) – RM20 to RM40 per person
Above prices are from GLPlay website and is correct at time of writing. For detailed prices and to purchase the tickets, please visit GLPlay website directly. All Fun Park guest must adhere by all the rules and regulations of the park as outlined in Fun Park Rules & Regulations, Height Requirements & Restrictions. Please read through before visiting.
Car park at Skyline Luge Kuala Lumpur
There is a communal car park facility in Gamuda Luge Gardens, and there is no parking fees/charges for park visitors. The entrance to the Skyline Luge Kuala Lumpur is approx 300 meters away.
Alternative Car park for park visitors?
In event that the communal car park is full, you can park at Gamuda Gardens Waterfront Village. There is also no park fees/charges. You can take the provided free-of-charge shuttle bus to Skyline Luge area. The waiting area is in front of the Boba Tea House, so you can enjoy a refreshing drink while waiting for the shuttle. The shuttle route is Waterfront Village > Gaia Residences > Gamuda Luge Gardens. You can also scan the QR code to track the bus location!
What other things can you do at Gamuda Gardens?
Plenty! Below is a list of suggestions:
- Xploria – Try out the Crazy Kart, Water Biking, Donut Boat or Solar Express. Tickets can be purchased online or on the spot. The opening hours and days may differ, so do check with the official website before visiting.
- Gamuda Garden’s Iconic 50-acre pet-friendly Central Park – Enjoy a walk through the 5 cascading lakes, take a rest at one of the lookout points and also climb up the 3-storey high observation tower to get a bird eye view of the township. The wetland boardwalk is also an interesting place to walk through. There are two public toilets, one at the middle portion (beside Adventure Playland) and one is at the edge of the lake. Be sure to keep the park clean and safe for everyone’s use.
- Adventure Playland – This is part of the neighborhood kids park with slide, swing, zipline and more! The location is as per the map below, and it is a nice stroll along the 50-acre pet-friendly park to reach here. It is located next to the Village Homes residential enclave. Free to enter!
- Biking / e-Biking around the Central Park – Enjoy a relaxing ride around the neighborhood park by renting a bike (single, double or quadruple bike!) from Ecocana. You can find the outlet in the Waterfront Village itself.
- Gardens Wellness – Visit the neighborhood clubhouse for some wellness activities! Visitors can pay a fee to use the facilities. Go for a swim at the 50m lap pool or let the kids enjoy water at the children’s pool (RM15 per person/entry), use the sauna/steam bath (RM15 per person/entry), flex those muscles at the gym (RM20 per person/4 hours), play badminton (RM15 per person/hour or RM30 per court/hour). All prices are subject to the legally approved service tax. Please remember that you need to pay prior to using the facilities. Kindly respect the other users as well and do not roam around the clubhouse if you are not intending to utilise it.
- F&B Outlets at Waterfront Village – Dine at either Yilo Restaurant & Bar, Nine Oasis, Lyfe Cafe or Kim Gardens Seafood.
- Grab a drink at Waterfront Village – Recharge with a coffee from Perge Coffee or get a cold beverage / gelato from Boba Tea House.
- Groceries shopping at Waterfront Village – Freshii neighborhood mart is available for all the stuff you may need. You can also get some light snacks, cakes and beverages and enjoy them in the verandah area outside Freshii.
- View Gamuda Garden’s latest property launches – Hop to the Gamuda Gardens Experience Gallery to see the properties for sale in Gamuda Gardens and Gardens Park (sister development 1km away). In case you want to check the prices before dropping an enquiry below, here’s the indicative Gamuda Gardens prices. For a quick review, Gardens Park Astor double storey homes starts from RM775K, Valeria Garden Homes starts from RM1M+, Monarc Esteem’s Bungalow starts from RM4.2M+, Monarc Esteem’s Semi-D starts from RM2M+, Gaia Residences starts from RM450K+, commercial retail lots / shops at Village Square or Gardens Square starts from RM1.5M+ onwards. Completed homes in Gamuda Garden are Village Homes and Lakeside Homes – you can check the secondary market for homes available for sale/rent.
- Dining options at Gaia Boulevard – You can use the shuttle bus to get from Waterfront Village to Gaia Boulevard. If you’d like to take a walk, it is just a 3 minute walk. At Gaia Boulevard, you can dine at Restoran Al-Shaik or Asneya Maju for a mamak-food fix. Or a hotpot/burger experience at Santai-Santai Ye.
- More shops at Gaia Boulevard – There is a 99 Speedmart, Gaia Pharmacy, some grocers, and a clinic at Gaia Boulevard.
Keen to make Gamuda Gardens Your Future Home?
Live in this growing township that combines living, fun and play. Drop an enquiry below and we will get an authorized sales person from Gamuda Land to be in touch.